Pictured above is a high-quality breakfast sandwich and a guaranteed crowd pleaser. What’s even better is that it takes ~10 minutes to make!
In LA, there’s a well-known breakfast sandwich spot called Eggslut. One of their most popular sandwiches is the Fairfax–soft scramble eggs + chives + cheddar cheese + caramelized onions + sriracha mayo all in a toasted brioche bun. Locals and visitors alike, would line up well before opening time (pre-pandemic times, of course) to be one of the first folks to get their hands on am decadence.
I made a similar version, sans the caramelized onions (still tastes phenomenal!), using the Eggslut man’s egg technique. Get to making this sandwich–you can thank me later!
Soft Scramble Brioche Sandwich
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp cold butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tsp chives, sliced
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 brioche bun, lightly toasted
- In a small bowl or ramekin, add mayonnaise + sriracha. Mix well and set aside.
- In a nonstick pan, add eggs and butter. Using a heat proof spatula, stir the eggs until the whites and yolk are blended together. Cook the eggs over medium-high heat, stirring with your spatula consistently. When the eggs begin to set, stir in chives and remove pan from heat.
- Toast the brioche bun and spread sriracha mayo on both sides of the bun.
- Top the bottom bun with the eggs. Lightly melt the sliced cheese on the nonstick pan and place on top of the eggs.
- Dive in and enjoy!