Starbucks, who? This is the best pumpkin spice cold brew recipe of 2021! Made with the fall flavors that we know and love, see why this easy homemade pumpkin cream cold brew will soon be a staple in your home.
If you love all-things pumpkin, then try my Buttermilk Pumpkin Spice Waffles or Pumpkin French Toast, next!
This content contains affiliate links which helps WhisperofYum.com to provide free recipes. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog, Whisper of Yum!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Fall has to be my favorite time of the year and one of my most favorite things to do around this time, is indulge in my favorite fall-themed foods.
This creamy and refreshing treat is one of those beverages that I lean hard on as the weather begins to cool, which is why I am so excited to share this pumpkin cream cold brew recipe with you! If you love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, then you’ll definitely love this recipe!
What is Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
This refreshing beverage is a flavored cold coffee drink that was created by Starbucks in 2019. It consists of cold brew coffee and a pumpkin flavored cream foam that’s served over ice.
Over the last couple of years, the seasonal drink is all-the-rage at Starbucks once fall season hits, and it seems that with each year, pumpkin cream cold brew makes its annual appearance as early as the end of August.
Making Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew at Home
Sure, you can pull up to your local Starbucks and order a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, but why not make your own? Making pumpkin cream cold brew at home is a lot easier than you think, and you can make a large batch for a fraction of the cost! Bonus: Making your own pumpkin cream cold brew at home means you don’t have to hop in your car and you can keep your pajamas on a little longer.
I’ve been tinkering with my version of pumpkin cream cold brew and I think it’s safe to say I’ve nailed it! I’ve come up with a recipe that is absolutely delicious; it has the perfect balance of pumpkin spice, creaminess and sweetness, and I’m so excited to share this recipe as I know you’re going to love it, too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this refreshing beverage. Let’s round up the ingredients:
- Cold brew coffee: You can go for store-bought cold brew or make your own (highly recommend!). See recipe below.
- Heavy cream: We want luscious, full-bodied cream and heavy cream will help us achieve that due to its high fat content.
- Whole milk: Using whole milk will give us soft and supple foam, like a sweet kiss.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is where this beverage gets it’s signature pupmkin-y taste.
- Pumpkin puree: A little goes a long way and make sure you’re not using pummkin pie mix.
- Maple syrup: I use to use Grade A pure maple syrup as it has the perfect amount of richness.
Tools You’ll Need
- Coffee Grinder
- Milk Frother or Aeroccino
- Pitcher with Strainer or Fine Mesh Strainer and Cheesecloth
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Making your own cold brew is incredibly simple, just follow these steps:
- Grind Coffee Beans. You’ll need 1½ cups of your favorite coffee bean, ground medium coarse. I’ve been using this coffee grinder for over 10 years and love that I get the perfect coarseness of coffee grounds, every time.
- Add Water to Pitcher. Make sure you have a pitcher that will hold the coffee grounds and water together. I use this pitcher that has its own built-in strainer to hold the grounds in place. I love it!
- Steep for 12 Hours. This is when the magic happens. Set the cold brew in the refrigerator and forget it for 12 hours.
- Cold Brew is Ready. Simple, right? Now let’s move on to making the pumpkin cream.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream
Let’s get that signature pumpkin foam that’s super simple to make:
- Cook pumpkin puree and spices in a saucepan for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add cream and milk to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes, carefully to not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain and pour into a sterile container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pumpkin cream foam To get luscious, signature pumpkin cream foam, add pumpkin cream to an Aeroccino, and froth until desired consistency is reached. Conversely you can add pumpkin cream to a small bowl and froth using a milk frother.
Looking for a Dairy-free Option?
My good friend, Capri Lilly, of Good Food Baddie makes a stellar Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew – Starbucks Copycat that is an absolutely delicious! The pumpkin cream has luscious texture and is a real treat! Be sure to check out this, and all of her fantastic plant-based, gluten-free recipes and Cooking with Sea Moss Cookbook!
Tips for Making the Best Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Start the day before by making the cold brew ahead. I usually make my cold brew the night before.
- Strain coffee creamer after cooling for smoother texture.
- Use Grade A maple syrup for the perfect amount of richness.
- Save a few bucks and make your own pumpkin pie spice. Check out my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend recipe that only takes 5-minutes and 5-ingredients.
This Autumnal Favorite Is a Hit!
Are you loving it, too? Leave a comment below and share your love for this recipe on Instagram and Pinterest. We love to see you get down in the kitchen. Happy eating!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (Starbucks Copycat)
- 1½ cups ground coffee, medium-coarse grind
- 4½ cups water Pitcher or fine mesh strainer
- Cheesecloth (if your pitcher does not have a built-in strainer)
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If your pitcher does not have a built-in strainer, you’ll need to use a mesh strainer and cheesecloth to strain the coffee.
- Place water in a pitcher and add ground coffee. Place in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Once ready, remove the strainer containing coffee grounds and discard. If using a cheesecloth to strain, place cheesecloth in a fine mesh strainer, over a large bowl. Carefully pour cold brew over cheesecloth-lined strainer. Place filtered cold brew coffee in a sterile container. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, allow the saucepan to warm up for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. Stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and whole milk. Cook for 2 minutes, careful to not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Strain mixture using a fine mesh strainer and pour into a sterile container.
- When ready to use, froth pumpkin cream using a milk frother or Aeroccino. To assemble pupmkin cream cold brew, add ice cubes to a glass and fill ⅔ full with cold brew coffee. Add frothed pumpkin cream. Top with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice.
Leave a Reply