If you are a fan of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Creamer, then you’ll love this recipe! This homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer is full of flavor and made with clean ingredients so you can feel good about indulging in your favorite seasonal coffee creamer.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice creamer like I am, you’ll definitely want to try my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice that’s the perfect spice blend for making my Buttermilk Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Whipped Mascarpone or Pumpkin Spice French Toast!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
This 2021 version of homemade pumpkin spice creamer can’t be beat! It has an irresistible smell–not to mention flavor, too–and the joy that this creamer brings with each sip sets the mood for the day ahead.
Why you’ll love this pumpkin spice coffee creamer recipe
- It’s easy to make: All you need is a few ingredients, 15-minutes, and a quick warming on the stovetop and you’re on your way to big sips of happiness.
- Ingredients you can trust: Real, wholesome ingredients here, folks. Nothing makes me more happy than knowing the ingredients in my food are those that I can trust–and this ingredients list is one you can count on.
- Tastes fantastic: The balance of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice is not overwhelming and still allows your coffee’s true tasting notes to shine.
- Friendly on your pocket: This Starbucks pumpkin spice coffee creamer recipe is cheaper than buying a bottle at the store.
- We can’t get over the amazing smell: No one complains about their kitchen smelling like warm fall notes, and we don’t think you will, either.
How to make homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer
Making your own pupmkin spice coffee creamer is a lot easier than you think! Before we get to sipping this goodness, let’s make sure you have the right ingredients to make your half-and-half mixture.
Ever wonder what goes into making your own half-and-half? It’s pretty simple, it’s essentially equal parts milk and cream.
Yep, half-parts whole milk and half-parts heavy cream–that’s it! Simply pour equal measurements of both into a container and voila–you have half-and-half.
Pumpkin pie spice blend
What gives this fall-inspired coffee creamer the ultimate fall feels, you ask? It’s the wondrous pumpkin pie spice blend. A 5-ingredient blend of spices that really lends this coffee creamer that ultimate pumpkin flavor.
Save a few bucks and make your own pumpkin pie spice. Check out my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend recipe that only takes 5-minutes and 5-ingredients.
How to make pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- Cook pumpkin puree and spices in a saucepan for 1-minute over medium heat.
- Add cream and milk to the saucepan and cook for 2-minutes, carefully to not allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain and pour into a sterile container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How long is this pumpkin spice coffee creamer good for?
Kept in a sterile container in the refrigerator, this pumpkin spice coffee creamer will keep for 5-6 days, though, I don’t think it’ll take long before you finish it!
Prefer a sweeter creamer?
This recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of maple syrup.If you prefer your pumpkin spice coffee creamer on the sweeter end, simply add 4 tablespoons that the recipe calls for, followed by increments of ½ tablespoon until desired sweetness is reached.
I use Grade A pure maple syrup for this recipe. The “grade” denotes the color and depth of flavor; the darker the syrup, the stronger the flavor. Grade A maple syrup is amber in color and rich in flavor and can be found at most local grocers.
Tips for making the best pumpkin spice creamer
- Strain coffee creamer after cooling for smoother texture.
- Use Grade A maple syrup for the perfect amount of richness.
- Shake before each use as even after strained, there are residual spices that tend to settle at the bottom of the container.
Dairy-free pumpkin spice latte, anyone?
My good friend, Capri Lilly, of Good Food Baddie makes a stellar Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte that is a fan-favorite! Be sure to check out this, and all of her fantastic plant-based, gluten-free recipes and Cooking with Sea Moss Cookbook!
This homemade pumpkin pie coffee creamer is a hit!
We are so excited for you to try this recipe, as we can’t get enough of it! Leave a comment below and share your love for this recipe on Instagram and Pinterest. We love to see you get down in the kitchen. Happy eating!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 1¼ cup whole milk
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- 1¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup plus more if you prefer sweeter creamer
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, allow saucepan to warm up for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. Stir constantly for 1-minute.
- Add heavy cream, whole milk and vanilla extract. Cook for 2 minutes, careful to not allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Adjust sweetness if preference is sweeter creamer.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Strain mixture and pour into a sterile container. Keep in refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- Add to drip or iced coffee.