This grilled corn salad recipe is a summer staple. Made with fresh ingredients and makes for the perfect side dish for your BBQ lineup.
Grilled Corn Salad
One of my favorites things about summer is enjoying summer produce, and this grilled corn salad is the epitome of summer.
Made with fresh ingredients, little cooking and prep, and highly flavorful, this corn salad is so good that it’s made weekly when corn is in season. My husband and I can’t get enough of it.
Why You Need You Make This Salad
- Simple to make – This corn salad recipe is easy to make; it calls for grilling the corn and shishito peppers, then it’s a quick chop, add, and mix of ingredients–that’s it!
- Veggie side dish – If you are looking for a veggie side dish that isn’t a traditional salad, then this grilled summer corn salad is for you.
- It’s versatile – Pair this salad with my Oven-Baked BBQ Ribs, or top it on a grilled sausage. Whichever way you choose, this corn salad pairs wonderfully with just about anything.
Ingredients to Make Grilled Corn Salad
If you have not tried corn salad with feta and shishito peppers, then you are in for a treat. The marriage of flavors is unmatched and will keep you scooping for more.
Let’s get into the ingredients:
- Corn on the cob – Sweet corn is peeled, and silk is removed, then grilled until cooked and desired char is achieved.
- Shishito peppers – These petit peppers that originated from Japan go impeccably well with this grilled corn salad. To give you an idea of its heat level, it’s hotter than a bell pepper, but a lot less hot than a jalapeño.
- Feta cheese – The flavor of this salty and briny cheese marries well with the corn and shishito.
- Cilantro – Added for a little freshness.
- Garlic – Just one clove, grated.
- Jalapeño – This will add a bit of heat which works well with the corn. Remove membrane and seeds for less heat.
- Red onion – Also added for freshness.
- Lime juice – Bright tang with a little bit of acid to balance the flavor.
- Kosher salt – I recommend seasoning the salad after adding feta cheese as feta tends to add a good amount of salt on its own.
How To Make Corn Salad
- Place sweet corn and shishito peppers on the grill on medium-high heat. Rotate every couple of minutes until both are cooked through and have a little bit of char.
- When cool enough to touch, remove corn from its cob and cut shishito peppers into small pieces, discarding seeds and stem.
- Add feta cheese, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, garlic, lime juice, and kosher salt to a bowl and mix to combine ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning with more kosher salt and lime juice, if necessary.
How to Grill Corn For Salad
I typically grill corn using a BBQ grill, but if you don’t have a grill, simply use a grill pan and follow these steps:
- Peel corn and remove silk.
- Place corn directly on the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Rotate corn every couple of minutes until fully cooked and desired char appears throughout the cob.
How to Remove Corn from Cobb
There are two common ways to remove corn from the cob:
- Stand the corn cob upright on a cutting board. Then, starting from the top of the corn, guide the knife down the cob until you reach the bottom. Rotate the corn and repeat.
- Conversely, you can lie the corn on its side and shave the kernels off with knife. With the side of the corn now a flat surface, rotate it, using it as a flat, stable base as you cut the remaining sides of the cob.
Can You Grill Corn in Advance for Salad?
You definitely can prepare corn in advance!
Simply remove the husk and silk from the corn, cook on the grill until desired char marks are achieved, then remove the kernels from the cob.
Place kernels in a refrigerator safe container and refrigerate until ready to assemble salad. This can be done the day before making the salad.
Looking For More Recipes?
Check out these favorites:
Loving This Recipe?
We love this easy corn salad, too! Leave a comment below and share your love for this recipe on Instagram and Pinterest. We love to see you get down in the kitchen. Thank you for support Whisper of Yum and happy eating!
Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 large ears sweet corn, husks peeled and silk removed
- ⅓ pound shishito peppers
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ large lime juiced, plus more, if needed
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, seeded
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Kosher salt, season to taste
- Place sweet corn and shishito peppers on the grill on medium-high heat. Rotate every couple of minutes until both are cooked through and have a little bit of char. Corn should take 15-20 minutes to cook and 5-9 minutes for shishito peppers.
- When cool enough to touch, remove corn from the cob and cut shishito peppers into small pieces, discarding seeds and stem. Add feta cheese, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, garlic, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Adjust seasoning with kosher salt and more lime juice, if necessary.