Basil and marcona almond pesto is one of my favorite sauces to use in the summertime. It goes well with pretty much anything and brightens up your eats.
Basil and Marcona Almond Pesto
Marcona almonds are one of my favorite nuts to eat–I most enjoy them in a light olive oil bath with rosemary and flakey salt. They are shorter and rounder in appearance than the California variety most of us are familiar with. I tried marcona almonds for the first time in Spain while studying abroad in 2011 and I could not get enough of them! Paired with an effervescent libation on a warm summer’s day and, goodness, I’m in heaven.
Ingredients to Make this Recipe
- Fresh basil
- Marcona almonds
- Quality olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Kosher salt (optional)
How to Make this Pesto Sauce
This recipe–like most pesto recipes–is quite simple to make. Simply toss ingredients into a food processor, give it good pulse and you’re good to go! Now, be prepared, ‘cause you’re gonna want to top this on just about everything. To help with that, here’s a few suggestions: on fried eggs, grilled cheese sandwich, roasted tomatoes, pasta + ricotta, galette, pasta salads, any sandwich–really, zoodles, gallette, cheese board, fresh veggies, risotto, I could go on, but I think you get it.
Looking for More Great Recipes?
Keep the comfy-feels going with these good eats:
Are You Loving this Basil and Marcona Almond Pesto?
- 2 cups fresh basil, leaves only
- 2½ tablespoons marcona almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- ½ cup, plus 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
1. Combine basil, marcona almonds and garlic cloves in a food processor. Process on high until mixture is minced
2. Switch processing speed to low and slowly add olive oil.
3. Add cheese and continue to process on low until smooth and combined.
4. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.