These easy, super crispy air fryer lemon pepper wings are simply the best! Tender, juicy, buttery, lemon peppery and made with the perfect amount of seasoning, they’re absolutely fantastic!
If you are in the mood for chicken wings, then try my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings, Honey Ginger Wings and Sweet and Spicy Gochujang Wings recipes, next!
This content contains affiliate links which helps WhisperofYum.com to provide free recipes. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog, Whisper of Yum!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
These might be the best air fryer lemon pepper wings recipe, yet. Really. There is so much flavor, crunchy, buttery, lemon pepper goodness that I just can’t get enough of. Which is why I am so excited to share this recipe with you! Perfect for lunch or dinner with a side salad, appetizer or game-day eats, I guarantee these lemon pepper air fryer wings will be a hit!
Funnily, I just joined the air fryer train–I’m years late, I know–kicked my air fryer recipes with Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings and they are finger licking delicious! So I thought, why stop there? I thought of another chicken wing flavor that I love and decided my sharing of wings recipes would not be complete without having a lemon pepper flavor, and boy, is it good.
Before joining the air fryer train, I did some heavy research before purchasing an air fryer and ended up purchasing the Cosori Air Fryer Max XL and love it. This is not an ad for the appliance, rather sharing the model I use to make this recipe as different makes and models have variances in cooking times.
Why You Need To Make These Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Better than Takeout – You know those Wingstop lemon pepper wings you can’t get enough of? Well, you can emulate that same thing at home, and honestly, I think this recipe tastes better (but I could be biased).
- Flavor – These lemon pepper wings pack big flavor–think lemony peppery with a nice balance of buttery flavor.
- Foolproof – What’s great about making these chicken wings in an air fryer yields that super crispy texture we all want wings to have–and no, you don’t need baking powder!
Tools You’ll Need
Ingredients to Make Lemon Pepper Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Salted Butter
- Kosher Salt
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Avocado Oil Spray (for air fryer basket)
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wings in an Air Fryer
What I love about making chicken wings in an air fryer is the ease in cooking and it is also a major timesaver–can’t beat that! With just a few steps, You’ll be on your way finger-licking-good wings. These wings are so good, you just might want to double the recipe.
- Start by patting the chicken wings dry. Extra moisture can inhibit the extra crispy skin you are aiming for.
- Season both sides of wings with kosher salt, pepper and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Spray air fryer basket and add wings in a single layer.
- Cook using the below 3-step temperature process.
- Remove wings from air fryer and place in a mixing bowl. Top with melted butter and lemon pepper mixture. Mix and enjoy!
How Long Should You Air Fry Chicken Wings?
My air fryer is a 5.8 quart and can hold up to 1½ pounds of chicken wings in a single layer. I, then, have a three-step cooking process for garlic parmesan wings in 30 minutes:
- Cook wings at 380°F for 25 minutes, flipping at the 13 minute mark.
- Once that cycle completes, flip the wings again and cook at 400°F for 3 minutes.
- Check the wings for texture. If skin can use a little more crunch, I cook them again at 400°F for 2 minutes.
Tips For Making the Best Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Aim for chicken wings that are similar in size. This will ensure even cooking.
- Go for wings with a little more heft. Smaller wings tend to dry out. We want tender, juicy wings, folks.
- Don’t wait to dive in; these wings are best eaten–and have the most crunch– just after tossed, while still warm.
Looking for More Good Eats?
These are a few of my favorites:
Finger-Licking-Good Chicken Wings
We hope you love these wings as much as we do! Leave a comment below and share your love for this recipe on Instagram and Pinterest. We love to see you get down in the kitchen. Happy eating!
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1½ pounds chicken wings, separated and wings tips discarded or party wings
- Kosher salt, Diamond Crystal brand
- Garlic powder
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, salted
- 2 teapoons lemon pepper seasoning, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven at 380 °F for 5 minutes.
- Start by patting the chicken wings dry. Extra moisture can inhibit extra crispy skin.
- Generously season both sides of wings with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once preheat is finished, spray air fryer basket with avocado oil spray and add seasoned wings in a single layer. Cook on "chicken" setting at 380°F for 25 minutes, flipping at the 13 minute mark. After cycle completes, flip wings again and cook for 3 minutes at 400°F. Lastly, flip wings one last time and cook for 2 minutes at 400°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, add butter. Once butter melts, add lemon pepper seasoning, lemon juice and zest. Cook on low heat. Watch the mixture carefully so as not let the butter brown. Cook for one minute.
- Once wings are ready, place in a mixing bowl. Top with melted butter and lemon pepper seasoning mixture. Mix. Enjoy as-is or with ranch!
Leave a Reply